The Dogs’ Refuge Home is WA’s largest dog shelter and dog re-homing centre. We have taking care of lost, abandoned and mistreated animals for more than 80 years.
We are a registered charity, pound and adoption center, open to the public 7 days a week. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible care and enrichment for our dogs under new forever homes can be found.
Some pawesome facts about us:
- We take in over 1200 lost, abandoned and unwanted dogs every year.
- We are a pro-life shelter which means we never place a time limit on any dog awaiting adoption and we never put dogs to sleep who are rehomable.
- We rescue dogs from Pounds across the Perth metro area with our largest partners being Wanneroo, Gosnells and Armadale.
- We also collect and accept dogs from regional locations and received 280 dogs in FY18 from 16 regional localities around the State.
- We have Australia’s oldest and possibly largest pet cemetery. We have been providing a resting place for beloved pets since 1937.
- We operate Boarding kennels which help to create income to support our rescue and re-homing work.
- We also operate pound facilities for a number of surrounding local Shires.
- We have a dedicated team including paid staff, more than 250 active volunteers and
- We have been located at Lemnos Street, Shenton Park on the same site since 1935.
We welcome enquiries from professional media outlets. We are a small team and can only support a limited number of student enquiries and bloggers each year. We will do our best!
Please note you should always seek approval and clearance before filming or photographing our dogs and facilities. Our staff or volunteers will direct you while onsite.
Media enquiries should be directed to:
Kristi Treadgold, General Manager
10am to 4pm, 9381 8166
President: 0421 900 225
External PR Consultant
Ruth Gourley, Shine Communications
0434 330 384