Animal Care Attendants
About the business
The Dogs’ Refuge Home is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the rescue, care and re-homing of dogs. Established in 1935, it is one of the oldest animal welfare agencies in Australia. Our activities are motivated by the fundamental understanding that dogs are entitled to the same love and respect that they unconditionally give to us.
Based at 30 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park, our kennels are capable of housing up to 150 dogs. Every year we take in many hundreds of dogs that have been abused, neglected or simply no longer wanted.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a number of part time Animal Care Attendants. You will be personable, friendly, respectful and a passionate animal advocate willing to undertake the below duties:
- Undertake daily kennel routines, such as daily sanitation and feeding, in accordance with DRH procedures
- Ensure all dogs have appropriate living conditions with suitable food, water, exercise and socialisation.
- Monitor and report on the health, behaviour and wellbeing of dogs.
- Assist with the adoption of dogs as required, including, but not limited to assisting with the completion of adoption questionnaires, conducting interviews with potential adopters and completing required documentation
- Any other duties assigned by line manager
Skills and experience
- A genuine interest in dogs and commitment to their wellbeing.
- Confidence in the handling of dogs of all breeds and sizes.
- Customer service/ people skills are essential
- Well developed computer skills and competency in the use of Microsoft suite products.
- Availability to work a 7-day roster including weekends and public holidays as required. Short notice for shift coverage on occasion.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role, including bending, lifting and handling dogs.
- Experience in a similar role within an animal welfare organisation or boarding environment.
- Certificate in Companion Animal Services, or studying towards the completion of these qualifications
Benefits and perks
- Work with dogs everyday!
- Onsite car parking