To contribute to Dogs’ Refuge Home (DRH) mission – being the care and rehoming of lost and unwanted dogs and the active promotion of responsible dog ownership. To assist in the day-to-day running of the DRH Maintenance Team, including the maintenance of all yards, lawns, cemetery, and repairs, end of day fence and gate checks installation of equipment, meet and greet service providers such as Electrical, Plumbing to ensure that service is provided is in an efficient and professional manner.
- To provide an on call prompt and efficient response to repairs to faults identified on site by staff and volunteers, including maintenance of property, that is yards, gardens;
- To provide an on call prompt and efficient response to staff for installation of improvements such as fencing improvements, hanging whiteboards, installation electrical fans, washing machines, computers.
- Maintenance of walkie, with pickup and delivery to repair company.
- Maintenance of public cemetery including meeting and greeting owners of deceased animals.
- Retaining and recording up-to-date accurate records for animals buried in cemetery.
- Meet and greet service providers such as electrician, plumbers, builders, air-conditioning representatives and supervise repairs.
- Maintain equipment such as mower, wiper snipper, tools of trade located in workshop.
- Maintain motor vehicles and golf buggy to ensure in good working condition together with weekly refuelling.
- Monitor poos bins onsite to ensure health standards, removal of poo bags from bins located throughout site.
- Weekly off site collection of donated chickens from provider, clear donation bins from local shopping centres.
- Assistance with fund raising events such as erection and removal of marquees, barbecues, trestle tables and chairs.
- Ensure kennel misters are in good working order over summer period and heat lamps are in good working condition in winter.
- Sweeping of pathways on site.
- Early morning opening of all gate access to site.
- End of day checks to ensure all gate access to site are locked.
- To assist in the implementation of processes to continuously improve the maintenance of our grounds.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated team orientation and willingness to work with others to get results
- Exceptional people skills in ability to relate to people on all levels and ability to handle difficult people
- Shows initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- A sound working knowledge of DRH practises and procedures
- Experience with maintaining workshop equipment
All Dogs’ Refuge Home staff are required to act at all times in accordance with our code of conduct and core values.
Our core values underpin everything we do and guide every decision we make. They form the basis of our interactions with our dogs, our staff, our volunteers, our stakeholders and the community. We live our values.
Respect: We treat our dogs and the people in our community with respect.
Integrity: We adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility worthy of the trust our dogs and people place in us.
Committed: We are committed in heart and mind to providing the best care and re-homing of our dogs. Caring: We treat dogs and people with sensitivity and empathy.
Teamwork: We value and acknowledge the contributions of all, nurturing the skills of our staff members, volunteers and partners in a collaborative effort.
- Hold a current National Police Clearance
- Hold a manual Drivers license
- Comply with DRH’s Occupational Health and Safety Management system
Benefits and perks
- Work with dogs everyday!
- Onsite car parking