Important announcement regarding Perth and Peel Regional Lockdown
This page will be updated as new information is received.
26th April 2021
Following the latest government press conference held at 12:30pm Monday 26th April 2021, the 3 day lockdown of the Perth and Peel region will end as planned at 12.01am Tuesday 27th April 2021.
23rd April 2021
The Dogs’ Refuge Home will be adhering to the advice of the West Australian government and implementing a 3 day lockdown beginning from midnight Friday 23rd April.
We will be operating with a skeleton team of essential staff, so that the dogs are properly cared for but will be CLOSED to the public.
IF YOU HAVE A DOG IN OUR BOARDING:
Please park outside the front gates and call 08 9381 8166
One of our team members will retrieve your dog and their belongings from boarding and bring them up to the front gate. A limited contact handover will then occur.
Pick ups can be made between 9am and 4pm
Advice from the West Australian Government
Reasons to leave your house:
- Work because they cannot work from home or remotely;
- Shopping for essentials like groceries, medicine and necessary supplies;
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements and looking after the vulnerable;
- Exercise with a maximum of four people, limited to one hour per day, and masks must be worn unless it is rigorous exercise.
Masks will be mandatory from 6pm tonight but not for children aged under 12.
Places that will close during the lockdown:
- Pubs, bars and clubs, except for takeaway;
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues — no community sport is permitted;
- Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor recreational facilities;
- Cinemas, entertainment venues and casinos;
- Large religious gatherings and places of worship;
- Libraries and cultural institutions.
Thank you for your understanding.